how to add a video from youtube

Is it a bad idea to have an off-topic forum? Probably! Let's see how long this lasts!

how to add a video from youtube

Postby Marvinsr » Thu May 08, 2014 12:47 pm

Hello!
Administrators, please tell me how to add a video from youtube to a post?

Thanks!
Marvinsr

Re: how to add a video from youtube

Postby Clé » Sun May 11, 2014 6:32 pm

I'm afraid we can't tell you that, because we don't actually know how to add a YouTube video to a post. While we could no doubt find out how by looking through UBB help pages, we're not strongly motivated to do so, since we don't see any good reason at this point to add a YouTube video to a post. If the forums were more active, it might be another matter, but there seems to be little good reason why the second post ever by a nonadministrator in the Off Topic forum, and the third post ever by a non-administrator on the forum as a whole, should include a YouTube video.

This is especially true given the onslaught of spam, or attempted spam, the forum has been receiving. When I say this is the second post ever in the Off Topic forum, I mean it's the second post that was approved, since it didn't include any obvious spam links and there are no spam links in your profile. There have been tens of thousands of other messages that were blatant spam and not approved. Even the other approved posts to the forum (that would be this one and this one) I am far from convinced were not some strange attempts at spam, but since they didn't include any links I gave them the benefit of the doubt and approved them. I approved your post for the same reason (well, your post did include a link, but a link to YouTube seemed fairly innocuous), but I'm not yet convinced you're not a spammer either. If you do have a legitimate reason for wanting to post a YouTube video, please explain.
Clé

Return to Off Topic