Introduce yourselves!

For posts about the Wongery that don't fit anywhere else
Neonriser

Introduce yourselves!

Post by Neonriser »

This forum post is designed to help new members become comfortable with the Wongery community, including myself. I'll start.

I am Neonriser, an artist and graphic designer who happens to be autistic. For years I have been developing a fictional world where superheroes live in apartments together. Right now I am focusing on developing characters for a story, and I would end up developing the world as well as I go. For instance, Brian the Brain, a scientist and engineer who happens to be an undying brain in a robot's body, serves as a vehicle to explore the relationship between science and spirituality. And engineers like him are the reason why one would get superpowers from using technology.

I came here from the world of Discord, in the Strike Engine server. Clé, the current owner of the Wongery, was finding a way to develop card deck series of his, planning to use a free-to-use CCG engine as a template for his works. He happened to stumble upon the server, and when he shared his ideas on what they're supposed to be, I was fascinated! As I researched his creations in the form of his prototype cards, I discovered a world where dictators use the dreams of the proletariat to gain and maintain power. Meanwhile, their sworn enemies the rebellion find ways to resist rulers of their own nations. I also imagined a band of plucky rebels going on adventures whittling down the power and influence of their nation's ruler in an effort to challenge the status quo. So I came to the Wongery and the rest was history.